You’re probably reading this because you’re either going or thinking of going on a Morocco desert tour, and just don’t know what to pack…
We specialise in private and luxury trips to the desert, so you’re able to bring all your travel luggage with you on your trip. However, this was written mainly for people who are going into the desert for one night since it’s recommended you just pack a small rucksack or bag with your essentials, because typically you will be taken to your desert camps via camel, and there’s only so much they can carry =) (Don’t worry though your big luggage will be stored safely away until you return.)
To make things easier for you, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 items you should make sure you’ve packed.
So without further ado, here are our top 10 items we recommend you bring with you in your overnight Morocco desert tour bag…
- Camera – Obviously to snap amazing pictures of your trip and have memories to look back on for a lifetime! Also so you can show off to all your friends and family…
- Sun Cream – The desert sun is strong, so make sure you’re skin is protected.
- Sun Glasses – To protect your eyes from sun glare, and also so you can enjoy the views without squinting. This will also help avoid sand going into your eyes – YEY!
- Baby Wipes – Just in case you want to freshen yourself up a bit.
- Cool long sleeved top – Again, the desert sun can be hot and strong. So it’s a good idea to keep your arms and shoulders covered and protect yourself from sunburn. A light thin cotton is always a good option.
- Hat – To keep you from overheating and sunstroke and to make sure you don’t get dehydrated and dizzy.
- A water bottle – There is water at the camp, but it’s always a good idea to pack a bottle. It’s good to keep yourself hydrated.
- Power bank/charging wires/plugs – In case you want to charge your phone or camera.
- Flip Flops – You are going to be surrounded by sand, a lot of sand! And there is nothing more annoying that loads of sand stuck in your shoes. So pack some flip flops so that when you get to your camp you can pop them on, and be in peace. Or you could just go barefoot…
- Small torch – To help you see in the middle of the night. Remember you’ll be in the middle of the desert, so it won’t be very well lit, especially if you want to climb up and down a sand dune.
And that’s it really…
Obviously, you can pack extra stuff like spare underwear, a toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant etc. But this list is things we recommend you bring with you. Or you can pick and mix 🙂
If you still haven’t booked your trip to the desert or if you have any questions, then use our contact form which can be found on most pages of our website to get in touch with us. We also have a lot of information on our Morocco desert tours, so you can find out which desert you’d like to visit and we can make bespoke itineraries so you can travel the way you want.